Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PM Inbox is getting full, what to do?

1. Back To Top    #1

PM Inbox is getting full, what to do?

So my inbox is approaching a 200 message limit. There are certainly many messages that can be deleted (I have not deleted any in a long time) but for the rest of the messages I want to keep is the archiving process simply to download the remaining messages (I see there are various file format option) to my computer and then delete what's in the Inbox?

There's not other storage options for TFP messages, right?

Thanks,

Matt
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: PM Inbox is getting fun, what to do?

I have never checked, Matt. I simply delete mine. To this point, that has worked fine for me.

Leebo will likely know
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: PM Inbox is getting full, what to do?

Probably cut and paste them into a Word.doc where they are searchable on your computer, especially if you use key words as the first line in the text.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: PM Inbox is getting full, what to do?

The official answer from Lee (Leebo) is what I suspected - delete what you don't need to keep, then download the rest. vBulletin lets you download the PM's as either .txt, .csv or .xml. I'll download all three as they really won't be that big. XML files are easily searchable assuming the XML tags make sense. CSV probably isn't too useful unless you do shell scripting (grep, sed, awk, etc) and TXT is probably the most human readable format.

Anyway, I was simply asking to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. The 200 PM limit applies to all and keeps the site's server/memory requirements minimal which, in turn, keeps the site free from having to use ads to pay for space. I think we can all agree that an Ad-free TFP is most desirable.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates