Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy ePump 1.5hp Freeze Protection Pump Speed

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy ePump 1.5hp Freeze Protection Pump Speed

Hello all,

I am curious what RPM I should be setting for the freeze protection setting on my pump. I currently have it set to come on at 35 degrees and 1750 RPM. I run my filtration from 2am to 8am to try and minimize the extra energy spent in freeze protection mode, but want to save wherever I can by running at the lowest safe speed during freeze protect. My setup is just a ~15,000 gallon pool with an in-floor cleaning system, salt generator, and I live in northern California.

Thank you for your help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy ePump 1.5hp Freeze Protection Pump Speed

The lowest setting you have. Water just has to move. Generally in Sacramento we don't get cold enough to affect pools (other than solar systems). My freeze protection has been coming on most nights lately.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy ePump 1.5hp Freeze Protection Pump Speed

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    The lowest setting you have. Water just has to move. Generally in Sacramento we don't get cold enough to affect pools (other than solar systems). My freeze protection has been coming on most nights lately.
    Thanks, I am in Sacramento too. My pump will go down to 600rpm. So, I will set that.