Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Drain cover with pebble top?

1. Back To Top    #1

Drain cover with pebble top?

http://www.poolfittings.com/channel-pebble-top/

I guess A&A manufacturing makes a channel drain cover that is slightly carved out and designed to have your plaster/pebble material put it, thus making the drain virtually hidden. Seems like an awesome idea, I was just wondering if anyone has one installed or heard about them, either good or bad. Thanks in advance!
    34x22 freeform, 94'/20,200 gallons, 3.5' to 6', Mini Pebble Aqua Blue, 8' lagoon shelf(18"), A&A in-floor, Venturi skimmer, A&A channel drain, 3 returns, VS3050 pump, Pentair CC420 filter, AQR 15 Salt System, 1 Intellibrite 5G light, 1 globrite in shelf, Heat Siphon Z575HP, 24" sheer decent, Decking will be stained salt finished concrete

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Drain cover with pebble top?

I don't recall, but I don't look at build threads like I used too either. Seems like a great idea though.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I have one, let me see if I can find a pic....

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG][/IMG]

it's flush, I run the brush straight across it all the time. It has a pretty low suction; the pipe is connected on one side, so there's probably not much suction on the opposite side of the ring, but that's also due to newer safety standards.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Thats a becoming more and more of a standard feature for pebble finishes these days. They look great and are no different than a standard cover
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

5. Back To Top    #5

Cool, thanks for the info! I'm going to make sure my PB does one for our pool...
    34x22 freeform, 94'/20,200 gallons, 3.5' to 6', Mini Pebble Aqua Blue, 8' lagoon shelf(18"), A&A in-floor, Venturi skimmer, A&A channel drain, 3 returns, VS3050 pump, Pentair CC420 filter, AQR 15 Salt System, 1 Intellibrite 5G light, 1 globrite in shelf, Heat Siphon Z575HP, 24" sheer decent, Decking will be stained salt finished concrete

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Looks like BuckeyeChris has the Aquastar 20" full circle.

AquaStar Pool Products - VGB Series Round Outlets

I prefer these over the covers with aggregate in a tray like in the link posted.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by thepoolman View Post
    Looks like BuckeyeChris has the Aquastar 20" full circle.

AquaStar Pool Products - VGB Series Round Outlets

I prefer these over the covers with aggregate in a tray like in the link posted.
    Can you share the reason you don't like the aggregate in the tray option? Does it not last, or start to chip out? Thanks for your insight...