gluing jandy check valve to pentair 3way valve

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
are there any problems gluing those together without any pipe/coupling in between? provided i remove the guts of each before that? i would glue it to intake port of the 3way valve, so any residual glue that might get in should be away from the diverter.

jandy valve instructions for 1-1/2" - 2" valve says connect directly to 1-1/2" pipe and use coupling to connect to 2" pipe for some reason. even though it seems that 2" pipe would fit just fine..

The three ports and check valves accommodate 2 sizes of pipe. The 1-1/2" versions accept 1-1/2" directly into the port or a 2" coupler glued over the outside of the port to accept 2" pipe. 2" pipe is the same size as the valve port which is why you need a coupler.

The same holds true with the 2" (2-1/2" coupler to the outside) and 2-1/2" (3" coupler to the outside) valves.

I suppose you could glue a check valve directly to a three port valve but I could see having issues with the glue and primer fouling the check valve flapper and/or the three port valve since they are in such close proximity....in addition to looking odd

I suppose you could glue a check valve directly to a three port valve but I could see having issues with the glue and primer fouling the check valve flapper and/or the three port valve since they are in such close proximity....in addition to looking odd

that's the concern I have, but i think i could try to be neat about it. i plan on putting 2 check valves, 3way valve and actuator in the ground in the sprinkler junction box. it's tight and putting check valve and 3way glued together helps...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.