Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: low TA

1. Back To Top    #1

low TA

From doing a search I think I know the answer to this but I want to be sure. My TA is low at 70, but my PH holds steady right at 7.8. It has been this way for months. Should I just leave it and not worry about it?

I used to add acid to lower PH to 7.5 but then I felt I was getting obsessed by it. So I let it creep back up to 7.8 and it has been there ever since.
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: low TA

If everything is holding steady at 7.8 and a TA of 70 and you aren't having any problems with that pH then I wouldn't mess with it.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

That isn't low really. Sounds like you have a perfect situation. Unless your CH is very high that sounds like a place many would want to be.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    That isn't low really. Sounds like you have a perfect situation. Unless your CH is very high that sounds like a place many would want to be.
    Thank you both for the quick reply by both of you. I can't remember what my CH is exactly but it's definitely on the low side also.
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

How about a full set of test results then?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Tested today:

FC 5.5
    TA 70
    CYA 40
    CH 120
    Ph 7.8

7. Back To Top    #7

If anything, you could use a touch of Calcium, and you are a great candidate for the use of Calcium Hypochlorite as a free Chlorine source. At least part of the time, which gives you some options. Many of us envy your water chemistry, so count your blessings to be where you are.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    If anything, you could use a touch of Calcium, and you are a great candidate for the use of Calcium Hypochlorite as a free Chlorine source. At least part of the time, which gives you some options. Many of us envy your water chemistry, so count your blessings to be where you are.
    I certainly will