Stenner Pump- How Much is too Much?

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
I'm starting to get parts together for a Stenner install. I decided to go with a fixed 45MPHP, either the 3gpd or 10gpd...Assuming I add 1-2 qts/day, I'd run for 2-4 hrs for the 3gpd and 36-72 mins for the 10gpd. I'm assuming I'll be fine with the 10, but how fast can I safely add bleach to the system (just after the filter)?

This summer I went with the 10 GPD fixed Stenner, connected to my Easy Touch 8 controller. I can control the Stenner to the Minute with the Easy Touch. Last summer was 65 Min per day to get about 1/2 gallon of bleach delivered. Now it is may be 3 minutes a day, twice a week to get the same FC and hold it (6 ppm for CYA of 50-60). I wired my 220 V Stenner pump from the Pump relay to the Stenner relay such that the Stenner cannot activate without the pump activated. I might wash out the Stenner and lines and store it for the Winter since it looks like Chlorine addition will be at a minimum until things heat up again.

Think about how fast you add bleach when you're manually dosing. You add all the bleach in a few seconds, so you could theoretically use a very large injection pump. Having said that, I'd recommend the 10gpd fixed rate pump and a timer that can be set to the minute.

Think about how fast you add bleach when you're manually dosing. You add all the bleach in a few seconds, so you could theoretically use a very large injection pump. Having said that, I'd recommend the 10gpd fixed rate pump and a timer that can be set to the minute.
I considered that, but I'm adding it to the main pool area as opposed to the 1.5" return pipe, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't overdo it and ruin the pipe...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This summer I went with the 10 GPD fixed Stenner, connected to my Easy Touch 8 controller. I can control the Stenner to the Minute with the Easy Touch. Last summer was 65 Min per day to get about 1/2 gallon of bleach delivered. Now it is may be 3 minutes a day, twice a week to get the same FC and hold it (6 ppm for CYA of 50-60). I wired my 220 V Stenner pump from the Pump relay to the Stenner relay such that the Stenner cannot activate without the pump activated. I might wash out the Stenner and lines and store it for the Winter since it looks like Chlorine addition will be at a minimum until things heat up again.

Did you take any pictures inside the EasyTouch of your wiring and what you added? I can be handy, but want to be careful with this thing and not fry a board inside the EasyTouch. I've got almost identical equipment to you. I'm just starting on the TFP method of chlorine and to investigate Stenner, but I know by Spring I'll be putting the Stenner in to keep up with the chlorine (my goal was to not to have to mess with the pool more than once a week when I put it in). Also how may actuators are you running (I've got 4) ? And which relay did you use for the pump if you don't mind sharing. I think the Easytouch is more powerful than I realized as others have also said they are running landscape lights etc from it - I didn't realize how many add on's you could have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.