Programming Pentair IntelliFlo Pump - Question/Suggestion?

lovemyazpool

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 16, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Hello Everyone -

I think I have this figured out after replacing our single speed wisperflo with a new intelliflo variable flow pump.

I want the pump to run for 12 hours from 6pm to 6am. The first hour I want the pump to run at 60GPM to operate my skimmers, the next ten hours I want to run the pump at 20GPM for filtration and the last hour I want to go back to 60GPM for another skimmer run.

In reading the manual and playing around with the Intelliflo (we do not have a pump automation system so all programming must be done on the pump itself) I think I have figured out how to do this.

First, as I understand it, I cannot simply use a schedule for the filter, as that uses the size of the pool in gal, and number of turnovers that you want during that schedule to set GPM and hence RPM.

So my only other choice would be to create a filter schedule that runs for 12 hours. Then create three different Features (3, 4 and 5 as 1 and 2 are fixed based on flow and duration as opposed to a schedule), Feature 3 would run from 6pm to 7pm and be set for 60GPM (skimmer mode), Feature 4 would run from 7pm to 5am and be set for 20GPM and Feature 5 would be set for 5am to 6am and for 60GPM. At that time, the 'filter' schedule would complete and everything would shut off again until 6pm that evening.

I set Feature 1 to be 60GPM and 600 minutes (extra skimming, chemical dumps, etc) and Feature 2 to be 20GPM for 600 minutes (general filtration, extra acid/SWG needs) and then I can just hit those buttons anytime I needed either general filtering or skimming.

So I guess my question is this - am I thinking about this the right way or did I overlook something simple in the manual as to an easier way to schedule the pump.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.