Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What to do with leaf rakeings?

1. Back To Top    #1

What to do with leaf rakeings?

When I leaf rake my pool, I would just put the leaves on the grass. Then when I mowed, it would be bagged up and go to the green bin for trash. Since I live in the land of fruits and nuts and we are on water restrictions, we are getting artificial turf in the back yard where the pool is. What can I do? Besides dump the leaves out then rake them and then the green bin? The turf isn't in yet but I have been trying different ways. Into a bucket, directly into the green bin, dump them then rake. What I can think of seems like extra steps and is kinda aggravating the times I have tried it.

What do you do? My agp is buried so its kinda like an inground pool with a vinyl liner. I am thinking about a robot for cleaning but what do I do with the skimmed leaves and such?
    14500 gallon, 24' round vinyl agp buried, pentair tagelus 60 sand filter, max-flo vs sp2302vsp, TF-100 testkit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What to do with leaf rakeings?

Perhaps a compost bin would work.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

I use a plastic waste basket with a foot operated pedal to lift the lid. I drilled a couple of holes in the bottom so the water drains out. When it is full, I add it to the lawn waste bag and put it on the curb. It sits along the garden wall so it doesn't draw attention to itself.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh please!.........I must have 30 bags full of leaves piled up by the side of the house now............(after I just put 15 curbside for pick up tomorrow) (in leaves!)
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

I clean my skimmer and my polaris 380 into a Home Depot Bucket that the gardeners dump once a week. You need to dump the vacuum and get a robot.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

I just dump the net(s) into my green yard waste can and put it out.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

rig2, I'm missing something when you talk about "extra steps". Why not just empty them into the "green bin" directly from the pool and let them drain and dry there and put them out on collection day ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

We put all of our leaves and grass into the compost bin. In the spring we spread compost into our flower beds.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop