Pool store testing...

boston62

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
Pool Size
I brought a sample to test for metals, it was iron .01. They told me my FC was 5 ppm, but i tested it just before going there and i got 11 ppm, came home and tested again it was 11 ppm, are there any signs of chemicals going bad, they 1 year old, store inside air conditioner home in tge dark at 77 deg. I found no date on bottle. All Taylor chemicals. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

To satisfy my curiosity regarding pool store accuracy, I pulled three samples one morning. I went to two different pool stores and let them run the tests. The two stores did not agree on the test results, though a couple of different readings from each store did match up with my test results. I have not told either store that I use the TFP test kit.

Pool stores can use numerous ways to test water. Any system that is not using titration has been shown to be useless. If a store uses drops, they can possibly be accurate, but depends on sample sizing, lighting and consistency of tester. I guess the same with anyone that buys a Taylor kit. Until consistency of testing becomes a habit, results can be wonky. Buying your own test kit doesn't guarantee accurate results, but can lead to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.