My son bought a house with a pool redone with Pebble Tech and a sand filter.
The chlorine was so far off the chart it the OTO test was brown. I diluted the water by 50% to get some yellow to make sure the test kit was OK. So I suspect the owner when turning over the keys so to speak shocked it, plus he has a chlorine floater and I found a tub of di-chlore pucks. I guess the chlorine will dissipate by itself. So I'm not treating this as a problem, just background information.
Fine so far. I was testing TA and after way too many drops, I stopped. It's off the chart, too. The ph is OK, BTW.
Given that the surface is Pepple Tech, and is brand spanking new as late this summer, is the TA imbalance an emergency? We are in the rainy season, and it should naturally dilute itself over time. But should I pump it down and get it in spec? Or aerate it?
Thanks in advance
BTW, spec's in the signature are not for this pool!