Spa spill over 12" or 18"? Shotcrete tomorrow

Post a picture and put a level on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Here are a few photos, for some reason they chiseled on half the edge of the edge, I don't think the water is going to come off the edge in a even sheer decent. I think the issue in that thread is what we will be dealing with. Wish I would have caught this, I would have just left the edge of the stone like it is on the left side. I guess we will be having this replaced.

Thoughts?

479BCDC4-8175-4D38-9268-1612413FACFE_zps5wiiwlwq.jpg

955FD8AD-9518-4F29-8FD8-0428E83D10BD_zpsijak9y8p.jpg

C620F824-D5A7-45E2-8570-A803614E8DD0_zpsbiqqv4vt.jpg

Re: Spa spill over 12" or 18"? Shotcrete tomorrow

Yeah, I have tried to get past it, but it actually looks like have the edge broke off. Didn't notice immediately, tried to get past it, not happening, wife saw it today in the sun and said no go. I will call the PB.

- - - Updated - - -

So chiseled across the entire edge will just make it uneven across the entire edge, hard to imagine without seeing it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In addition to the overflow issue... Maybe I'm too tired to think straight, but is the accent/coping tile the same on both left and right? Right looks pretty smooth compared to the left side.

The coping is all natural stone, some pieces are more chiseled. I think that's what they were trying to do with the spillway piece but it did effect did not get pulled off correctly. They should have left it squared off like the left side or chiseled all the way across like the right side.

I know I am not crazy, as the decking guy showed up today, to finalize a couple things and he looked around and I asked what he thought of the spa, he asked why the spillway stone was broken on the right side, too funny.

Is any of that stone sealed with something like DryTreat 40SK?

Flagstone is beautiful but you are going to have problems with efflorescence and evaporite staining on the spillway surface. At the very least, the spillway stone needs to be sealed to make it waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I am going to seal it, just not sure which sealer I need?

DryTreat 40SK is one of the best on the market. It can be applied post installation but it would have been better if your mason sub had dip coated each stone prior to installation. That's the only way to get the full 15 year warranty from the manufacturer. After install is ok too but it requires more frequent reapplication. DuPont would be your next choice.

You want a water based sealant that fully penetrates the stone and leaves little residue.

Does this have a color enhancer?

No. It should retain the same color of the stone.

Dry-Treat | DRY-TREAT 40SK

[EDIT]

I wanted to update that this Dry Treat product is recommended for post installation stone work-

Dry-Treat | STAIN-PROOF Original

The DryTreat 40SK is meant for sealing stones prior to installation.

[END-EDIT]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.