Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

I did a little research recently on suction side cleaners (much of it here) and decided to get The PoolCleaner Next Generation by Hayward (Previously Poolvergnuegen). I liked that it could climb walls, vacuum algae, and seemed to get good ratings from some very experienced experts here. So here's what I learned. Since being bought by Hayward they changed the shape of the bottom with an inverted "V" instead of a flat base. This was supposed to keep it from getting caught on the bottom suction grates. And it worked great, I've watched it straddle the grates and just bump over with no trouble. Apparently this also raised the suction port which kept it from being able to climb the walls. Then I saw a video where they recommended changing the suction port to the large (3 different sizes are shipped with the unit now). This worked like a charm! It climbs so high now that it climbs completely out of the water and sometimes gets air sucked into the pump that takes a few minutes to restart (luckily I've got a self-priming pump). I don't think this really hurts anything but when I'm out of town I think I'll reduce the suction back to the medium port and just let it clean the bottom. I'm not really sure this is even an issue but other than this the PoolCleaner is working superbly. I came back recently after 2 weeks of no cleaning and it had the bottom absolutely spotless in less than 2 days.

Any thoughts from you PoolCleaner owners on my aggressive climber?

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.