Draining Pool Under Construction

Nov 19, 2015
Fort Smith, AR
We are in the middle of our inground pool construction for a vinyl liner pool with polymer walls. It is a diving pool at 9.5 ft. deep. The concrete is in and he poured the pool deck around the paremeter this past week. He still has to clean out the inside real good so he can install the liner, etc. My question is it rained a lot over the weekend and completely filled the deep in of the pool. He is needing to run the electrical and prep work to install the liner at some point over this next week and he told me to turn the pump on and drain the pool overnight. Our yard retains a lot of water and have heard of these floating pool horror stories and wanted to get everyone's take if it is ok to drain the pool so he can continue with the instruction. Our new stained deck looks great and didn't want to cause any issues with the pool trying to lift, etc. It is pretty soaked out there and feel like I'm going to be taking a lot of counterweight off overnight.

Thanks, Enlitn35

Welcome. If im reading this correctly, you do not have a liner in the pool yet? If this is the case, you should be fine to pump water out so he can run electrical. If water wants to come back in, it will. If this were a gunnite pool, there would be trouble but i think you should be fine.

Yes, liner pools don't pop. They go more like squish. The water makes water bubbles from the outside of the liner. Like Casey said, no liner, no worries.

Theoretically the concrete/vermiculite floor could buckle from upward pressure, but that would be an easy fix for the PB.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.