Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP!! Need input regarding fire/water bowls!

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

HELP!! Need input regarding fire/water bowls!

We signed our contract about 1 1/2 weeks ago, still several weeks from digging due to permits and moving utilities. In our design plans we have two 2'x2'x18" high pedestals with fire and water bowls. I LOVE the look and is something I have wanted in my pool design ever since I saw them several years ago. They are VERY expensive but hubby didn't care if we went that route and waited on the pergola and the ODK.
    My problem is I am getting increasingly anxious about having them installed. My concern is that there would be a problem with them and be very costly to maintain or repair. I'm dreaming about them, waking up anxious- it's really weighing on me. Hubby WILL care if they end up being a nightmare.

Does anyone one have experience with these? I'm starting to think I should just scrap them and do the pergola and part of the kitchen (can't afford the whole thing- it's not an even swap). Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Here's our design for reference.

image.jpg
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: HELP!! Need input regarding fire/water bowls!

Make sure you provide for good drainage of the fire part (rain/snow). The pilot or igniter, while made of stainless, can corrode if it isn't given a chance to dry out or otherwise stay dry.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Clown View Post
    Make sure you provide for good drainage of the fire part (rain/snow). The pilot or igniter, while made of stainless, can corrode if it isn't given a chance to dry out or otherwise stay dry.
    Thank you! Can you tell me how is this accomplished?
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The bowls themselves will have drainage. Just make sure that your installer doesn't circumvent the drainage when they are mounted.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Clown View Post
    The bowls themselves will have drainage. Just make sure that your installer doesn't circumvent the drainage when they are mounted.
    Oh! Gotcha! Thank you!
    Denise-TFP Guide