Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Upgrading and adding a pool heater. Also going to replace the pool pump. Is the inteliflo vari speed pump the quietest I can find or is there better?

also, is there a option for putting a pad underneath the pump and the booster to quiet them both? Thank you.

Almost any vs pump or for that matter most newer pumps will be quieter. A vs running at a low rate will be unnoticeable. You don't need a pad.

If you are upgrading you may want to eliminate the booster and what' ever it powers and go with a Polaris 380 that the vs can run. Or even better just get a robot. Much lower operating costs.

Considered eliminating the booster but price wise it doesn't make sense. A robots about 800 or so. Including its own maintenance, and the polaris is basically indestructible (rebuilt it for 75 bucks). The boosters loud and noisy but I run it all of 2 hours a day. I am considering whether buying another booster or switching to the polaris 380.

I'd prefer less electronics in something that's going to be underwater for 12 months out of the year. I love electronics but in the end the price makes no sense if a kid decides to sit on it or use it as a pool surfboard.

Reading more about the 360. Seems it'll be running whenever my pool pump is running. Now with a variable speed inteliflo, I expect it to be running near 24/7.

i know the 280 is probably better (mostly because it doesn't run 24/7 so the bearings don't wear out), but the booster pump is an annoying beast.

ill do the 360 and plumb the booster hose straight into the valve for the Polaris. Quick question.

since I am using a inteliflo, is there any special precautions I need to do regarding the 360 with rpm or pressure? Thanks

I run my pump mostly 24x7 at 1100 rpm for constant skimming of tree debris, filtering and making chlorine when my SWG timer is on. It uses 150 watts and costs about 12 bucks a month. I am not familiar with the Polaris 360 but I doubt if it will have enough pressure to run when the pump is running at very low RPM. You might be able to download the Polaris manual and get an idea. Or you might just need to experiment with different RPM to see what works best. You will probably be able to set the pump to run at higher RPM for an hour or two to run the Polaris and keep the pool clean and then revert back to lower RPM for filtering and skimming.

Let us know how it works. I wouldn't mind ditching my booster pump when the time comes.

Spoke with probably my 6th pool contractor trying to bid out the heater, and he recommended not going down the 360. The psi won't be there with a variable speed. Oddly enough I believed him on that (was a no bs type of guy).

ill replace the booster with a new one as this one seems to have met its maker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.