Replacement for dura-glas pump

Oct 13, 2015
Orlando
I am a new home owner of a 30 year old house with a pool. My pump is leaking pretty bad and the rebuild kit I ordered didn't stop the leak so I'm just gonna upgrade the pump since mine is pretty old and seen better days. I know zilch when it comes to pools so I need some advice. I have a 10,000 gallon pool with in floor cleaners(about 6 heads) and 2 jets. My current pump is a sta-rite dura glass p2ra5e-181l. I would like one that's more efficient if I'm gonna buy a new one but don't need a top of the line one.

Thanks,
brad

My .02...

Don't have time to look up that p/n to find the exact hp, but the Pentair Superflo/Sta-Rite Supermax (same thing, different color) more or less replaced the Dura Glas when it was discontinued. You could get the same hp and see similar performance.

They make a 2-speed version with a switch on the back to switch from high to low. Flip the switch to run it on high a couple times a week to run the pop ups and clean the pool, run it on low the rest of the time and watch your energy bill fall. This method uses your existing timer and no special wiring. You can always automate this function with a 3-circuit digital timer or another mechanical timer.

I believe Hayward produces the Super Pump in the same configuration (on-board switch). This pump would again provide you with similar performance at a good value.

Dura-Glas is a little taller than both of the pumps, so a thin paver block underneath usually will raise it up high enough to use existing intake plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.