Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter pool operation

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter pool operation

I live just north of Dfw and was wondering what should run in freezing temps. We have a waterfall , 2 sheer decent and a bubbler that all run off one side of a 3 way valve. The other side runs the returns. Also a booster pump runs off the main pump for the cleaner. Our pump and waterfall outlet are about the same elevation due to yard slope. Should the 3 way just set in the middle and let everything flow?

Built Aug 2015- 20x40 26000 Gallon free form gunite, White plaster w/ 50% blue quartz, 2hp Jandy Stealth, Polaris 280, 2 skimmers,2 floor drains, 5 returns, bubbler, Grotto waterfall. 2 24" sheer decents, Jandy 48 DE filter, Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 SWG, 2 Color changing led

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winter pool operation

I'd drain the lines to the water features if any of it was easy to do so and circulate the main pool if you don't officially close it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I guess I could remove the swg and blow out all the lines leading to the water features.

Built Aug 2015- 20x40 26000 Gallon free form gunite, White plaster w/ 50% blue quartz, 2hp Jandy Stealth, Polaris 280, 2 skimmers,2 floor drains, 5 returns, bubbler, Grotto waterfall. 2 24" sheer decents, Jandy 48 DE filter, Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 SWG, 2 Color changing led

4. Back To Top    #4

It's pretty much non-operational with water temps below 60 anyhow.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!