General Plumbing Question

Jun 3, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Just want to say that I've enjoyed the site over my few years as a new pool owner. You guys have saved me a ton of money. I have a general question about plumbing. I have a 30,000 gallon vinyl lined pool that is around 20 years old. When I closed the pool I noticed that my ball lock valve for the main drain and shallow end skimmer were shot. The shallow skimmer is stuck in open and the main drain leaks. I got lazy and paid someone to replace them. It is plumbed with 1 1/2 inch PVC. I looked at it today when I got home. Looks like they took the easy way and just cut the pipe at the 90 degree elbows where they came out of the ground and then inserted a new smaller pipe inside of the existing pipe (presumably 1 inch PVC) and used an adapter to bring it back to 1 1/2 for the valves. They did this probably because they would have had to dig a little to do it all in 1 1/2 inch. Is down sizing the pipe for this short segment going to cause any issues. Thank for all the help over the years. If it makes a difference I have a 1 HP single speed pump, a 300 lbs sand filter, gas heater and salt water generator.

Jason

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.