Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: General Plumbing Question

1. Back To Top    #1

General Plumbing Question

Just want to say that I've enjoyed the site over my few years as a new pool owner. You guys have saved me a ton of money. I have a general question about plumbing. I have a 30,000 gallon vinyl lined pool that is around 20 years old. When I closed the pool I noticed that my ball lock valve for the main drain and shallow end skimmer were shot. The shallow skimmer is stuck in open and the main drain leaks. I got lazy and paid someone to replace them. It is plumbed with 1 1/2 inch PVC. I looked at it today when I got home. Looks like they took the easy way and just cut the pipe at the 90 degree elbows where they came out of the ground and then inserted a new smaller pipe inside of the existing pipe (presumably 1 inch PVC) and used an adapter to bring it back to 1 1/2 for the valves. They did this probably because they would have had to dig a little to do it all in 1 1/2 inch. Is down sizing the pipe for this short segment going to cause any issues. Thank for all the help over the years. If it makes a difference I have a 1 HP single speed pump, a 300 lbs sand filter, gas heater and salt water generator.

Jason

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: General Plumbing Question

I don't think so. My equipment at my current home is like this (reversed though) and last home is like yours.

Never had any problems.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: General Plumbing Question

Thanks for the reply. I figured it probably wouldn't cause too much of an issue.
    30,000 gallon L-shaped, vinyl liner. 1 hp Hayward super pump, 300 lbs Hayward sand filter, Aqualine gold SWG and Jandy Lite2 gas heater.