Jandy Aquaswitch 7200 repair

My Jandy Aquaswitch 7200 Power Control board went bad. Pump would not shut off with the timer or the "off" switch. Pump would shut off if I removed the pump relay wire (sk6 I think). I priced replacement boards at $600 to over $900. I called Jandy (Zodiak now, I think) and tried to get a circuit board schematic. No luck there... "Proprietary information" I was told. I looked at the board and then looked up the components... The Relays were an obvious failure item, and the chip that drives them is the ULN2004AN (Darlington Transistor Array). I purchased 4 relays (Mfr PN#T81n5D312-24) and the ULN2004AN for under $20 at newark.com. Also purchased a desoldering Iron for around $40. I replaced the Relays and the driver chip and the board worked. Of course, after I repaired the board I found one at my local pool store for $100... and picked it up for a spare. The relays were easy to change. The Chip was a little more difficult to unsolder and remove cleanly. I messed up a few solder pads on the board, but apparently didn't do major damage as it's still working. Just wanted to share the info in case someone else runs into this problem and wants to save some $$$. If anyone has a schematic of the board, I'd like a copy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.