Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: one globrite ok?

1. Back To Top    #1

one globrite ok?

Hello all!

Our pool is under construction and the pool company told us that one Pentair globrite light would be enough for the whole pool. The pool is a rectangle with the the steps on one of the short sides. We wanted to put the light in the middle of one of the longer walls - the one where it will face away from the terrace right next to it. Pool is about 10 feet wide and about 18 feet long. It's a single depth of about 4.5 feet.

I'm second guessing if that one light would be enough. Any advice?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: one globrite ok?

I would suspect that would be sufficient. However they are relatively inexpensive. I would go with a minimum of 2 and probably do 3 --- all evenly spaced along the long wall facing away from the main seating area.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

That gwegan is one smart dude/dudette!! I agree completely.....I might just do two on that side, however.

One will not give you the even lighting you want.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I vote with the above! More than one for sure!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

If possible, put each light on its own switch so that you can control them separately.

6. Back To Top    #6

What they all said, no one ever said they had too much light in their pool, at least no one here.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, thank you all!

That's really frustrating. I guess I will look into a different light instead.

We are hoping to stick with one due to costs and the fact that the pool construction is mostly done except for that area of the wall. - I live in Mexico and these lights are all imported, hence a lot more expensive.

Maybe the Intellibrite 5g?

Thanks!

8. Back To Top    #8

The big problem with one light is it is sort of like trying to light your living room with a spot light mounted low on the wall, it casts lots of shadows.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

9. Back To Top    #9

It is not the kind of light but the number of lights. ^^^^^^^^^^ is the main thing.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit