Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sealer and Enhancer

1. Back To Top    #1

Sealer and Enhancer

Can anyone recommend a sealer and enhancer for stone? The PB sealed the stone around the pool but we want to seal the newly installed pavers around the flower beds. My wife likes the wet, dark look so it would need to be an enhancer. I've read some good reviews on the Aqua Mix brand at Home Depot.
    21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Sealer and Enhancer

I used the aqua mix sealer on stone and grout on the inside of my home and it has held up extremely well. 2 kids and 2 large dogs and the grout still looks new, almost 4 years.
    I am about to seal my stone and travertine outside around my new pool. Since it's a salt pool I am using DuPont salt resistant stone sealer. I wanted to use Dry-treat 40sk but it was a little out of my budget. Not sure how my stone will look after sealing but I will post photos

Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sealer and Enhancer

I'd like to use the DuPint sealer but from what I've read it does not enhance or darken the color like we want.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Sealer and Enhancer

What did you end up using? I need to find out what to use to seal concrete around my pool.

~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma