Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
After reading and understanding that using tablets can eventually build up too much stabilizer, do they sell chlorine tablets that are stabilizer free? I had a pool guy tell me today that they recommend a chlorine in line injector, that used tablets. I was concerned about building up too much stabilizer. Still leaning toward a SWG. Still have to replaster pool prior to doing anything, but wanted to be prepared upfront. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granular chlorine, chlorine tabs or any other form of dry chlorine comes with something added that may result in a problem. Trichlor tabs have a chemical consistency such that one of the problems is adding additional stabilizer or CYA to your pool. Some is a good thing, too much reduces the effectiveness of the chlorine. Cal Hypos tabs add calcium which can cause deposits on the pool surfaces. Inline injectors take tabs.

SWG is one of the better ways to make your pool less of a chore.

Chlorine is naturally a gas, it must be combined with something to be a liquid or solid. For liquid that something is just salt and water. For solid the options are cyanuric acid, calcium, or lithium.

Trichlor is the only option that makes a solid that is usable in any form other than granular. That is why almost all pucks are made of trichlor. There are some options that use binders to make sticks out of calcium-hypochlorite, but these need special feeders and can not be mixed with trichlor sticks. In either case a buildup of CYA or calcium can lead to problems.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

For automated chlorination, your choices for what's recommended here and are the most trouble free, it's either a SWG or a stenner pump/ liquid chlorine injection system . SWG is the most popular because it's the easiest. Liquid chlorine injection systems such as the Liquidator are also somewhat common for TFP users but more of a niche percentage than SWG. Tablet feeders can be nice for temporary use in a manually chlorinated pool such as during a vacation, but long term use will lead to issues that will necessitate draining and refilling.

As usual, your help is very much appreciated. Thank you for the replies and clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.