Endlessly Aggravating

Dec 10, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Anyone on here have an endless pool? I never wanted one, but I fell in love with the house and it came with it. It's indoors, heated, nice. But I believe the hydraulic motor (the one that creates the current) is dead. I check the 'oil' and it's fine. I tried switching off breakers, turning back on, no dice. I even unplugged and plugged it back in. It's old. Probably way past it's due date. Here's the deal: I don't want it. I don't have a problem keeping the pool. I've spent thousands on new pump, heater, timer. I don't want to spend any more money on this thing. I'm fine with having a small 'regular' pool. Has anyone ever converted an endless pool back to a 'normal' pool? If so, how much difficulty was it? I'm thinking of removing the hydraulic motor (I assume there'd be a big hole to fill) and possibly remove the stainless steel benches. I'd love for all that to just be 'gone'. Probably need to replace the liner while doing all this anyway. I'd love to hear any advice and if anyone has ever converted an endless pool to a regular pool, a ballpark estimate, etc. Obviously doing all this would cost, and maybe it's cheaper to just replace the motor, I don't know.

Had to read this twice to figure it out.

So you have a vinyl liner pool with an "endless pool" swim system installed in it.

You want to remove the swim system.

So if you can post a bunch of pictures. As many as you can. Start a photobucket account and then link to them. Overall pool, swim system equipment, the equipment pad, the jets or doors or however the system delivers water to the pool. Overalls and close ups.

By Hydraulic motor you mean the swim system pump correct? Several good pictures of that would be good. See if you can determine a make and model. Pictures of the spec plate would be good.

What are the walls and floor of the pool constructed out of if you know. What is the name of the manufacturer of the swim system?

In the big picture of the world there not many of these out there and this is mostly a forum of pool owners so finding someone with experience removing one of these in your type of pool may be difficult. But please post and we can all work through this together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.