Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Endlessly Aggravating

1. Back To Top    #1

Endlessly Aggravating

Anyone on here have an endless pool? I never wanted one, but I fell in love with the house and it came with it. It's indoors, heated, nice. But I believe the hydraulic motor (the one that creates the current) is dead. I check the 'oil' and it's fine. I tried switching off breakers, turning back on, no dice. I even unplugged and plugged it back in. It's old. Probably way past it's due date. Here's the deal: I don't want it. I don't have a problem keeping the pool. I've spent thousands on new pump, heater, timer. I don't want to spend any more money on this thing. I'm fine with having a small 'regular' pool. Has anyone ever converted an endless pool back to a 'normal' pool? If so, how much difficulty was it? I'm thinking of removing the hydraulic motor (I assume there'd be a big hole to fill) and possibly remove the stainless steel benches. I'd love for all that to just be 'gone'. Probably need to replace the liner while doing all this anyway. I'd love to hear any advice and if anyone has ever converted an endless pool to a regular pool, a ballpark estimate, etc. Obviously doing all this would cost, and maybe it's cheaper to just replace the motor, I don't know.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Endlessly Aggravating

I love you name! Does is stand for mom to the 3 kids?

I bet someone could help BUT it would be much easier if we had a pic or two to look at for reference. You can use photo bucket to share the pics.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, Kim. No, not a mom at all lol. My initials are MMM, so I usually sign my initials with M3. I will take some pictures and get them posted.

4. Back To Top    #4

Had to read this twice to figure it out.

So you have a vinyl liner pool with an "endless pool" swim system installed in it.

You want to remove the swim system.

So if you can post a bunch of pictures. As many as you can. Start a photobucket account and then link to them. Overall pool, swim system equipment, the equipment pad, the jets or doors or however the system delivers water to the pool. Overalls and close ups.

By Hydraulic motor you mean the swim system pump correct? Several good pictures of that would be good. See if you can determine a make and model. Pictures of the spec plate would be good.

What are the walls and floor of the pool constructed out of if you know. What is the name of the manufacturer of the swim system?

In the big picture of the world there not many of these out there and this is mostly a forum of pool owners so finding someone with experience removing one of these in your type of pool may be difficult. But please post and we can all work through this together.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Mtothe3........that is a neat way to sign your name!

Shoot and share the pics and we will go from there. We can all brain storm and see what works!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit