How can this be?

Dan P

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Miami, Fl
I did a SLAM about 2 months ago and have been letting chlorine levels taper off. This morning I was doing my daily ph and chlorine test, chlorine was dark yellow and noticed some yellow spots on the corner of the steps. I brushed it and came right off. I then did the DPD test and was at 12. Question is how can I have what appeared to be algea when chlorine level is at 12? Running pump from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm. Help please.

CL: 12
PH: 7.5
CC: 0
CYA: 70

If you have inadequate circulation in an area, this can happen but at that FC, it would be less likely. How often are you brushing the pool? Is your Kreepy getting into that area? Regular brushing, especially in areas that do not get attention from a robot or cleaner is important.

I agree with the others. Any dead spots will accumulate more dirt and a film. Brushing more often always helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.