Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 31% Muriatic Acid gone from shelves?

1. Back To Top    #1

31% Muriatic Acid gone from shelves?

Hey,

I live in the Phoenix area and used to be able to get 31% Muriatic Acid from Lowes/HD for about $13.
    This changed in the past few months and they seem to all be stocking 14% for $10.

Has it gone from everywhere or am I just being unlucky?

Thanks
    19k IG Pebble Tec, SWG Hayward Aqua Rite, Pentair Triton II Sand Filter, 3HP EVSS3-NS Motor, Tempe AZ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 31% Muriatic Acid gone from shelves?

Sometimes it's in the contractor area of the store because the 20 Baume stuff is considered "contractor grade" MA. Check there. It's available here in Tucson hardware stores. I get my acid from a local pool shop here in town (eKonomy Pools). They sell it in one gallon refillable jugs (Hasa brand) for $4.75/gal. You have to buy it in a 4x1 gallon carrier (refundable $6 deposit) but it's a good deal cheaper than the hardware stores. Do you have any local pool shops that sell in bulk? It may be cheaper than HD/Lowes.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm still able to get it here in N. TX. It's in the pool chemical section outdoors.
    21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Seems like my HD alternates between Kem-tech and Smart brand try doing a search for "2x1-Gallon Muriatic Acid" and then the "check store inventory" and you should get a fairly accurate inventory by store.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

5. Back To Top    #5

It disappeared, here, for a while last summer. It appears that Home Depot is changing vendors, so that may account for some of it. Also, locally, the 20 Baumé and the half-strength "green" product were priced the same

6. Back To Top    #6

Try a C-A-L Ranch store . I get mine at a similar chain here.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by tetlee View Post
    Hey,

I live in the Phoenix area and used to be able to get 31% Muriatic Acid from Lowes/HD for about $13.
    This changed in the past few months and they seem to all be stocking 14% for $10.

Has it gone from everywhere or am I just being unlucky?

Thanks
    I bought it last night at Home Depot. East Mesa. Power and McKellips. Black box $13.45

Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.

8. Back To Top    #8

I bought it last week at HD Chandler as well, so still available. It was in the pool chemicals area in the outside yard.
    IG 20k gallon plaster pool (30' x 16' x 6') with spill-over spa (6'), circa 2005
    2HP WhisperFlo pump w/ AOSmith Century Centurion motor, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge Filter
    3HP for Spa,3/4HP motor for misters, PoolVac In-floor cleaning system
    In sunny Chandler, AZ