Calcium levels

Please post a full set of test results. We can not advise you based on one number.

There is no such thing as a magic CH number. Scaling of calcium or etching of plaster results from a combination of factors. You can only be properly advised if you post all of your test results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

FC - 3
CC - 0
PH - 7.2
TA - 80
CH - 290
CYA - 60
Salt - 3000

Using the Taylor 2006 kit. Water is clear and 62 degrees

So, with your current numbers your CSI is -0.78 which means your water is corrosive to plaster. If you immediately raise your pH to 7.8 with borax, your CSI will be -0.22 which is perfectly fine for a plaster pool. So I have a couple of follow on questions -

1. Why is your pH so low?? there is no reason to keep cold pool water that low.

2. Do you struggle with keeping CH up during a normal pool season? I ask because if you get a lot of rain dilution, then I would go ahead and add some extra CH. Where I'm from (the dry desert), we almost never have to add any CH, we get plenty of it from out fill water and evaporation. So I am very leery to tell anyone to add CH when there are easier ways to adjust the CSI (like letting the pH go up).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.