Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Install Warranty

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Install Warranty

Hello,
    My old Pentair 4 - 160 had the driver die, and given the pump is 13 years old or so (I think.... I didn't build it). I opted to buy a new intelliflo, according to the folks at Pentair the 011018 is the newer version of what I had, so I bought it off of amazon, as the driver on the old pump was to much money for me to only replace that.

For the warranty I have to find a qualified installer: Does anyone know what constitutes a qualified installer?

I'm already mad that I have to pay someone to install this thing and the first estimate I received was $300 - $350 dollars, which to me seems a bit out there given that I already have basically the same pump in place...

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pump Install Warranty

That's the protection that the big three put in for dealers. IMO if you can't install yourself, than you are going to get nuked by any dealer. They are not hard to install yourself, just your warranty will be less.

3. Back To Top    #3

I would call and ask if you can use an licensed electrician. Perhaps you can mount the pump yourself and have the electrician make the electrical connection. Worth a phone call.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

The best I've found thus far $250. I can install it myself, but the reason I purchased new was the warranty so I don't want to void that. It's still cheaper than everyones buy from me and I'll install it for free.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

You have to ask yourself if the $250 is worth going from 1 yr to a 3 yr warranty.