MiniMax 400 - Wont fire unless thermostat is all the way up

Piney

Sep 22, 2007
It was working earlier this season. I noticed the water had cooled off over the weekend. I checked and the heater won't fire unless the thermostat knob is all the way full heat. It will run "forever" when at this setting--- but I'm not trying to boil mudbugs !

The knob usually sits at about 1 o'clock or so and ran just fine.

==How would one check the the thermostat probe ? Does the probe generate a voltage or resistance as the temp changes ?

==The thermostat probe looks like its glued into the manifold. How would one replace the probe ?

I believe that minimax heaters have a manual thermostat which is permenantly connected to the probe. Someone double check me, but you will have to replace both. The probe is usually siliconed into the thermal well. These do determine temperature through a resistance reading but I have never found a good way to check this. You really just have to isolate that that is the problem by jumping it and if so replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.