Breaking Ground Today! - Orlando

Progress has been a bit slower than I would like, but, last week we started getting some action... tile should be complete today... I am hoping for coping, footer for the screen enclosure and maybe even pavers this week. Here are the pictures of the tile so far. I really like the contrast. I hope that everything still looks good when the pavers get in there...

IMG_20160131_173613.jpg

IMG_20160131_173609.jpg

And... we made some progress on a project of another sort this weekend. Gotta get busy on painting and cleaning up as well...

IMG_20160131_172734.jpg

What's the name of your decking and coping?

The coping is just 12x12 travertine.

Pavers are Tremron, mega old towne sierra.

- - - Updated - - -

I love that stone work! Pretty and very interesting! NICE job!

Kim

Thanks! I was a bit concerned about how it was all going to look together, but, I really like it. Getting samples of the stonescapes options next so that we can see them against the tile.

A couple more photos... We are doing a black granite spillway for the spa. Awaiting permit for screen enclosure, hopefully issued this week and install next week. Hopefully some dirt will be disappearing this week and maybe final grading and electric.

I had about 200sf of pavers left over, and in the way. Along with my parents (the wife gets out, apparently pregnant women aren't supposed to do heavy lifting), I loaded them all up and shipped them out. As a bonus to our build, my parents are going to do a paver patio area with fire pit!

IMG_20160212_074102.jpg

IMG_20160212_074058.jpg

IMG_20160212_074048.jpg

And... Decision time... We are doing stonescapes mini pebble... aqua blue on the left, tropics blue on the right. What do you all think? I am really leaning toward tropics blue even though it is a bit of an upgrade ($300 or so). ~feel free to ignore my fingers

fc77ca0c-9834-40c8-bb5e-6d24133c921c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I put all of the samples in water and these are the 2 that I liked (we originally anticipated Tahoe blue). But, I agree, the tropics looks better. I should be getting a budget on electric today, as long as it's not way more than the estimated budget, we'll go with tropics!

Plastered?... I am thinking miscellaneous stuff this week (dirt removal, electric maybe), next week maybe the screen enclosure goes up, the following week, finalize equipment setup, baby fence, and maybe plaster! So, if all goes well, I am hoping to be complete by 3/11. I could see another week in there. It could also go faster, but, I am judging based on my experience so far. We started on December 11. So, we're about 9 weeks into our 6-8 week construction schedule... The frustration has worn off, if we can finish up by mid march, I'll be heating it up and using it by April. The wife can't use the hot tub with me right now anyway, so, it's not a huge deal.

Are your screens able to be closed to keep in heat and swim in winter? I love your fence, designs n over all set up. I'm thinking of making my pool indoors. Was this exstreamly expensive?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

That all looks so nice!

I can't wait to see the blue pop against that dark tile!

Make sure you are there when the plaster truck shows to make sure they have the correct color.

Also go ahead and get your test kit. You are SO close to needing it! Look in my siggy for the one we use and love!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.