Breaking Ground Today! - Orlando

Inspection Passed!

We did have some minor issues, but, the inspector was kind enough to tell me to make sure it gets done and let us move forward. The guys are coming out in the morning to fix that (lights) and plumb the spa... gunite to follow. I am hoping we get gunite this week depending on the scheduling with that crew.

I just have to chime in and say that I think half the state of Florida is sick right now. I'm feeling like stir fried %#$# myself. In case no one told you, the bubblers on the end will make an awesome, relaxing gurgling sound. We have a couple on our sun shelf like what you have and they are SO peaceful.

Yes, it was like 2 weeks of kind of being sick and then it hit strong on the weekend.

Quick update, the spa plumbing was done yesterday and the plumber didn't like the bubblers the way they were, so, those were re-done. It's raining today, so, gunite is scheduled for first thing Monday morning.

We have been a bit behind with some of the selections, but, I think everything is set except for the tile which we will be picking out next week. I'll try to get a post up with everything when we have that situated.

At least they are redoing it because they didnt like the way it looked.

Can u elaborate on what he didnt Like? Just curious. :D
Nothing in particular, there was some discussion about the layout guy charging a bit more, and it wasn't being pressure tested with the first inspection, so, the plumber didn't want to have something in there that they didn't put in I guess. The new ones are in now, they did it on one line with a Tee for the 2 bubblers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gunite is going along nicely. Almost done. They got there around 7:15 this morning and have been going every since. Plumber is on site to put in the returns as they finish and adding an umbrella sleeve for us. He said he probably won't be able to get back until after Christmas to do the plumbing though. Hoping things continue moving as fast as they have been so far.

IMG_20151221_125717_01.jpg

13_31_03.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone, sorry for the slow updates... though there really haven't been a lot. The shell is looking good. I have been keeping it watered as best as I can with the holidays. Below is a picture of the final shape of the pool...

IMG_20151222_073351.jpg

We also did all of our selections for tile, coping, stone, decking, etc...

IMG_20151224_153530.jpg

Not the best photo, but, here is the quick summary from bottom up.

1. Pavers - we'll do a larger paver/pattern, but, this is the color we are going with (Tremron Sierra) It has tan, charcoal, and coral for the most part. We liked a black/gray/white modern look, but, our house is beige, so, we needed to bring some tan into it.

2. Travertine coping - we gave up on a full travertine deck a little while back for budget reasons, but, wanted a lighter coping and our consultant has done this in the past and it looks great. So, we'll use a 12x12 travertine paver for the pool coping.

3. Waterline tile - it's hard to see from the picture, but, it's pretty much a charcoal type color. Not straight black, but, dark.

4. The stone will be used for the raised spa. There won't be a ton of it as we are only raised 12", but, just a little accent.

5. Charcoal coping - this is for the raised spa only. We're hoping this caps it off with a modern look.

6. Not pictured, but, we're looking at doing a glass tile for the steps and benches as an accent. my wife is a PI attorney, so, we will likely want some sort of markers in there so no one gets injured.

Last but not least, and we are probably not 100% set on this one, but, we're going with stonescapes - tahoe blue mini pebble for the interior finish.

http://www.nptpool.com/finishes/stonescapes/stonescapes-mini-pebbles

So, that's where we are. I am hoping that the plumber shows up this week to get that finished up, remove the forms, and backfill around the pool. Not sure with the holidays, but, we'll see.

The contrast in colors is going to be interesting to see when they are done.

I think step/bench markers are a good idea no matter your profession LOL I am sure she sees suit all of the time for pools and such without them!

Kim

Quick update: Plumbing is being completed today, hopefully it will pass inspection tomorrow. I think we're going to have a delay after that though as the pavers are running behind schedule. Hopefully we'll still have some progress, but, I suspect that we will have a couple of weeks with not much going on :(

Inspections passed with no issues. Picking up tile today, hopefully that will get started on Monday.

This weekend, I have to fix my irrigation main line as it was in the path of the pool. The front yard is not looking so good with the lack of water. The plan is to get the main fixed up so that I can run the 2-3 zones that have not been impacted in the front yard, then, after the pool is complete, I'll come back and probably put in an all new system to cover the back yard, connecting back to the valves that are currently there.

Pavers are not scheduled to be in until 1/25, hopefully that comes a little quicker. I think maybe it will only be a week delay though as the tile is moving forward, grading has to be completed, and footers put in for the screen enclosure. I am hoping to keep everything running through as quickly as possible. My wife and I are expecting a baby girl on July 1, so, there are a lot of projects around the house to get done before then and the quicker the pool gets done and yard back in order, the easier it will be to move on to the nursery and such.

Everything seems to be moving right along nicely, although I'm sure getting the next phases done quickly would be even better. :)

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby girl! July is still a ways off, so hopefully you'll feel like your honey-do list is done by the time she decides to arrive. Our baby is due in early May and I haven't even managed to get the build started yet, so you're way ahead of me!

Everything seems to be moving right along nicely, although I'm sure getting the next phases done quickly would be even better. :)

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby girl! July is still a ways off, so hopefully you'll feel like your honey-do list is done by the time she decides to arrive. Our baby is due in early May and I haven't even managed to get the build started yet, so you're way ahead of me!
Thanks Jamie, congrats to you as well!

I got the irrigation situated this weekend, hoping tile and/or grading are happening tomorrow. Got good news on Friday as well that the pavers are ready to ship, so, everything is coming together. Hoping for a big week or 2 coming up!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Trenches filled and some grading complete on Monday. Tile guys are there today getting started. I haven't gotten confirmation on when the pavers will arrive yet, but, there is still some work to be done before they come. On the bright side, the tile guys are the same crew that does the pavers, so, maybe they will just stay with me for the duration of their scope to keep things rolling along. I am in Boston today for work, should be able to take pics tomorrow of the tile. Really looks like a pool once the trenches are filled and dirt is somewhat in the right location!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.