Cheap Ebay Cleaner

I purchased one of these last year. I have had very little problems with it. One issue I did have was the top part would come off of the two tubes. I place a pin from the top into one of the tubes and that was the end of that problem.

Well, I spammed a few people which bought one from the same ebay seller. Out of 6 reviews I got from it, only one was negative, the dude complained about it having weak suction. Everyone else said great bang for the buck. I have sinced ordered one and its on the way. I guess Ill see once I get it.

Well, Mine works pretty good so far. It got hung up on the shallow end ladder a couple times, but I adjusted the hose weight so the bumper is even with the step, now no problems. Only other thing it has done is drive up into the corner in the deep end and get hung up there. One remedy I thought was just to turn down the flow to it, but I want it to climb and clean the walls, so I dajusted my timer for my pump to 1 hr on and 1 hr off, thus if it does get stuck, it wont be for more then an hour, seems to work well so far! I have some pics and a little video, but im at work right now and they are at home.

Ended up paying about 165 CAD after shipping and stupid brokerage fees. I hate UPS when I live in Canada. For all you that ship to us up north. use USPS. It saves us money! (But that beats the 550 they are asking for a Kreepy at the pool store.)

jschapansky said:
(But that beats the 550 they are asking for a Kreepy at the pool store.)

i agree. i suspect it is a simple copy of the kreepy/G4. i see alota copies of products coming from china. i got an email back from the ebay seller and he stated:

"The pool cleaner package includes a 32 foot hose (made of individual sections) and necessary attachments and valves to hook up to your pool cleaner pump or skimmer. Check the pump pressure is compatible with the cleaner (3/4 HP – 1 HP) and alternate the pressure as you test the cleaner. I am sorry to tell you that this item have no brand name are made in our factory in China . Both have the same functions.
Sincerely,
Gadgetbestbuy

looking forward to see if i have success with it. would love to see your video.

my only worry is if it will cover my whole pool (15x45ft, 3-9.5 ft deep)

would it work with my traditional vacuum hose?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
first report on this model:

quick assembly, 5 minutes. plugs into skimmer vacuum suction hole easily.

after 5 hours, it never left the deep end of my pool (9 ft deep), and hasn't cleaned the dirt and worms in 1/2 of the deep end. disappointing.

climbs the walls great, though!

currently using my blue vacuum hose. i will be switching to the other hose later to determine if the hose is inhibiting the cleaner.

will followup with more info later.

if this persists, i will sell for cheap online/ebay to recoup a little $ and i will be returning to the pressure side cleaners, probably getting thepoolcleaner.com machine.

get what you pay for applies, so far.

would probably work better in a smaller, shallower pool

after all night in the deep end, the cleaner still did not pickup all the debris in a 1x4 ft area near the edge.

climbed the walls great.

never got to the shallow end.

i'm off to buy a pressure cleaner.

if anyone wants to buy this at 1/2 price, just PM me....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.