Balance pool chemicals

HI, I hope this is in correct place. I did my AA treatment with your help in May 2016. We are cleaning our pool filters now for winter and there is a lot of iron on them. They are not so white anymore. The AA treatment went great and we have not had any problems since.
We need to know if we need to re place the filters or can we just clean them and put them back in?????? only 2 years old
Thank You.

Water is fine and has been since treatment. I will read up, should have done that first. I was only worried about the iron coming off the filter cartridges and being put back in pool, can that happen??

- - - Updated - - -

Water is fine and has been since treatment. I will read up, should have done that first. I was only worried about the iron coming off the filter cartridges and being put back in pool, can that happen?? ALSO on pool math CSI now is 0.06 says balanced but target is 0.34 potential to do harm. Did I need to worry about the target reading? Thank You.

Now is where your current test results are so that is the CSI for your pool right now. Target only matter if you make the adjustments to the numbers in the target column. I use the target to tweak the numbers to get the CSI where I want it and make the adjustments listed. Usually tweaking pH and TA will get you where you want to be.

I did the AA treatment last spring, all has been fine. I have been wondering about keeping the ph at the lower level like 7.2 as swampwoman has suggested to keep the metals out. When I put in the lower ph levels it says the water may be corrosive or cause plaster problems so not sure what ph level to target please help. Do not want iron again if possible.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. When I go to pool math no matter what I put for TA and CH with PH at 7.2 I get corrosive. Current readings
Cl 12 I know high, we put cover on before it dropped, just took cover partially off to get chlorine level lower
PH 7.9 to 8
TA 100
Ch 500
Swg dummy cell out since Oct.

PoolMath will give you a CSI number after you enter the results. It will say potential to be corrosive when it is -0.3 or lower. But, as long as it is -0.6 to 0 it will be fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.