Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Light options for use with EasyTouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Light options for use with EasyTouch

I was planning on buying the color changing Intellibrite 5G lights to use with the EasyTouch automation, but now I'm wondering if I have any other options for Pentair lights, (LED or incandescent) that can also be automated on the system, at least turning them on and off on a schedule?

Also, if I don't go with the Intellibrites now, would it be possible to switch out for them later or is that a major overhaul? I know the Ameribrite incandescent bulbs can be switched with LED after the fact, but can those be automated by the EasyTouch system?

Thanks for any insight!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Light options for use with EasyTouch

Short answer is yes.

Any halogen pool or spa light can be run with the EasyTouch using any one of the auxiliary relays you have. The relays are just glorified 120VAC switches.

When you upgrade to LED later your aux relay for the switch will have to run a step-down transformer to run the LEDs but that's usually all setup in an easy to mount control unit.

Don't sweat it if you have to cut out LEDs now to save some money. You can retrofit the light niche later. It won't be terribly costly and, it can be done DIY if need be.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Light options for use with EasyTouch

If you are thinking you want color lights later on, you might as well get them now. There are too many advantages to the newer LEDs that I wouldn't consider anything else. Of all the places to cut money, I would look elsewhere.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for giving me both of your perspectives. We are trying to scale back a little, and we need to decide where. It's good to know what my otions are now, and down the road if we plan on upgrading later.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    I was planning on buying the color changing Intellibrite 5G lights to use with the EasyTouch automation, but now I'm wondering if I have any other options for Pentair lights, (LED or incandescent) that can also be automated on the system, at least turning them on and off on a schedule?

Also, if I don't go with the Intellibrites now, would it be possible to switch out for them later or is that a major overhaul? I know the Ameribrite incandescent bulbs can be switched with LED after the fact, but can those be automated by the EasyTouch system?

Thanks for any insight!
    Savi Melody P series
    Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.