Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pipe size transition

1. Back To Top    #1

Tampa, Fl

Pipe size transition

Simple question here. I am preparing to put in an SWG that has 2" ends. I have the bushings to go down to an inch and a half on both sides. On the output side I have the flow switch with the T connecting to the SWG via 2". On the other end of the T I have the bushing going back down to 1 1/2. I had planned on going into the SWG with 1 1/2 as well but am going to put a check valve in just before it. Since the check valve will do both I though about going into the valve with 1 1/2 and going out at 2; which will go into the SWG natively at 2. It doesn't seem like this will have any impact. I originally thought about going in and out of the valve using 1 1/2 but figured I could save a bushing by utilizing the fact that the valve will do both.
    12,000gal in-ground pool/spa 12x26/plaster, 1.5hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Pentair Clear & Clear RP 100 filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Pipe size transition

You are not 100% clear but you should be ok. Just make sure you have unions on either side of the SWG that've have ample clearance.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall