Have recently completed pool renovation

G'day everyone.
I am Brian from the NSW Hunter Valley in Australia.
After three years of do-it-myself work as a hobby, I have recently completed a fully tiled renovation of my old concrete pool shell.
The work involved crack repairs, rendering, tiling, plumbing, paving and landscaping.
The pool now looks amazing and I have joined this site to get the best tips and advice to keep the water in tip top condition.
I am sure that there will some great information.

For now, here are a before (December, 2012) and an after (November, 2015).

I might try to do a story of the progress of the renovation with photos on another thread.

P1020827_4_zpsbjocegrb.jpeg

DSC_4412_zpsccoebi4r.jpg

Are you SURE those are the same pools???????? NICE WORK!

I would LOVE for you to share the whole "story".

Who did all of that tile? That looks awesome!

You need to find the thread about a good test it you can get in your part of the world. That will be the major thing to keeping that beauty look good for a long time to come!

Kim

Thanks for your kind comments.

Banditig, I tiled around the skimmer, and to ensure symmetry, those were the first tiles I laid. I'll post photos in another thread later.

Kim, I did all the tiling myself. As for tiling the complex curves of the floor, instead of laying whole sheets of tiles that would have ended up with tapered cuts, I laid out a grid that avoided tapered cuts, but needed small adjustments in joint width. This arduous task required about 12,000 of the 14,400 floor tiles to be laid one at a time. That is one of the reasons the renovation took three years.

A funny thing about those three years is me saying each year "we'll be swimming by Christmas". And those Christmases came and went without a swim, and it became a family joke. But this Christmas when all the family come home, we will be swimming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gorgeous! I can not wait to see the pics. You can,add them to the Under Construction forum.

Welcome to TFP!