What is the purpose of this hose?

Jul 26, 2011
There is a very thin, flexible black hose that ties into two different above ground PVC pipes for my pool pump. The plastic connection between the hose and the PVC pipe (shown in the picture) has cracked and my pool plumbing can no longer keep pressure. I would like to get this part replaced but I don't even know where to start.

Can someone explain the purpose of this hose and where I can find the replacement parts?

2015-12-06 17.43.40.jpg

I had that setup when I bought my house.

Tab chlorinator disconnected and one pipe connected to the other...it was in an annoying place that I feared breaking
the line when doing maintenance, so I unscrewed the tube, then cut the tube leaving about 2 inches left one each pvc connection, then put them
back in and plugged them with liquid nails adhesive and stainless steel bolts, then used small automotive hose clamps to cinch
down the 2 inches of tubing sticking out to the glued bolts...worked like a charm.

I did this so if I ever do a stenner chlorine feeder I won't have to re-tap the pvc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.