Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Calc PH

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Indiana

Pool Calc PH

I am in the process of the lower PH/Aerate technique to lower my TA. I was using the pool calculator and was trying to go from 7.5oz to 7.1oz and it shows I need 41oz of 31.45% MA. I went to the bottom to see how much this 41oz would impact the TA using the effects of adding chemicals and it shows this much MA lowers the PH by 0.47points.

0.47 move versus 0.4 move is not that dramatic, but which one do I beleive? I realize both are guesstimating due to other factors of my water chemistry but which one is closer?
    21K Gal, IG, Vinyl, Bleach-Borax-Baking Soda, 3/4HP Hayward pump, Hayward sand filter, 200,000BTU Heater, TF100 Testkit
    "All that we are arises with our thoughts." - Buddha
    “When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” - Dale Carnegie

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool Calc PH

Trust the upper pink PH section. Just make sure that you enter your current TA and Borate levels into the Now column. The upper pink PH section takes the current TA and Borate level into account. The lower Effects of adding chemicals section does not take TA or Borate into account.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School