Salsiccia from Australia

Welcome Sal.
As Crunchy mentioned the best thing you can do is get the right test kit. It's the best investment you can make in your pool. Being in Australia there are a couple of options which we can give you some info on. The best thing about doing things the TFP way is that it it will save you a pile of money by taking control of your own testing and avoiding recommendations of pool stores and pool services which are more interested in lining their back pockets.
Keep reading all the information on the Pool School Tab and ask any questions as they come to mind.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tip re the test kit, that was one of my first questions. I've had my pool for about 5 years now and so far I've relied on the pool shop testing and telling me what to do. While that's easy, I don't like not understanding what's going on and I did quietly wonder if they were just fleecing me.

I have a couple of testing kits, but they are basic and old - I did buy a pack of strips last year as well.

Before asking any dumb questions I'll go check out the Pool School tab as you suggested Jezza.

Nice to see a couple of other Aussies here as well - its ironic when Qld and WA are considered local to me - lol !!

Welcome! Aussies rule the site in our off season. And that is fine by us! We're here to help everyone who want to learn!