Two blower motor questions, how to determine to get a 120 or 240, and 1hp or 1.5 hp.

Oct 14, 2015
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
The blower motor in my pool's dead (completely, rusted through). I'm interested in replacing it but need to determine the following.

1) Whether the voltage is 120 or 240. Is there a way to take the old one apart to make this determination?
2) Whether to get a 1 or 1.5 hp motor.

I believe there are 4 air vents in the sauna. I can't read the notes on the old motor, they've been worn away.

Based in Texas. Thank you.

What breaker is the blower powered by? That is the easiest way to determine the voltage, assuming the installer did not do something dumb.

Not sure about the motor size. What did you have? I might go large and add a valve to restrict the air flow if it was too much.

I'll flip switches tomorrow to determine the breaker size.

I wish I could tell you what it was but everything identifiable has been worn away. I can easily take it apart.. but dunno if anything would be identifiable on the motor. Is there an alternative way to estimate hp amount?

If you have two black wires and a green wire to the blower it is probably 220 V. If you have a black and white wire along with a green wire it is probably 120 V. Can you access where the wires going to the blower terminate? If you have a multi-meter you can measure the voltages there. If you do not have a multi-meter or can't borrow one, then Harbor Freight has them for like 8 bucks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.