Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak? Or Normal....

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, Texas

Leak? Or Normal....

New pool owner..since September. I'm finding that I am losing about an inch of water every 3 days or so. In September when it was almost 100 I figured that to be normal.

Now we are in the 40s to 50s on average and it hasn't seems to change my water demand. Now the pool is in full sun all day, absolutely no shade. And it also has no barrier to protect from wind which we get a lot of.

So could there be an issue or does filling the pool every 3 days or so seem normal with the circumstances?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Build in progress: 31x18 GI (17,336 gallons) / Diamond Brite French Gray finish / Flagstone Coping / 30ft weeping wall with 7 stations plumbed / Salt Finish Deck / Pentair EasyTouch Controls / Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump / Pentair D.E. Filter 60sft / Polaris Automatic Pool Sweep w/ Booster Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Leak? Or Normal....

Having a new pool is like having a new way to tell what is normal! Here is a link for you.

Pool School - Leak Detection

Once you do this let us know and we can go from there!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

A steady wind can easily have that evaporative effect, especially with the lower humidity we have this time of year.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

You can use this website to look at evaporation data for Texas. It will give you a rough estimate for the number of inches of water lost and/or added by evaporation and precipitation.
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5
    Bartlesville, OK

I live just north a bit of you in Oklahoma and I haven't ever had to fill mine up that much, and that's with the kids splashing everyday.
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired