Hello, this is my first post. Thank you for such an instructional forum! I have been devouring its content since I stumbled upon it yesterday. (We are embarking on a pool reno that is at least 18 years overdue!)
We bought our home 19 years ago. We are in Boca Raton, Florida. We have an inground pool with a weekly pool service. ( I know, we probably should be doing it ourselves, but it is easy to keep putting it off and before we know it, the pool is green; so it is money well spent to have our pool guy do it.)
We are in the process of obtaining quotes to refinish the surface of the pool and to redo the patio and deck area. So there are a few questions that I thought I would ask. The pool is approximately 14 x 27, more or less, with curved ends at both ends of the pool.
- The pool currently has a marcite finish. We keep hearing that Diamond Brite is the way to go. Are there newer finishes similarly priced that we should be researching? I say similarly priced because I know that there are all kinds of finishes available, but we are trying to keep our redo within reasonable parameter$!
- the pool has no leaks but the finish is stained and should have been redone soon after we moved in 19 years ago. (We procrastinate...)
- I would love to hear the sound of water. So I was thinking it would be nice to have a simple waterfall type thing installed under the coping. What would be a reasonable range I should expect this to set us back? Is this a good/bad resale feature?
- Is LED lighting the way to go? What other choices should I be "googling?" Pros/Cons?
- We have AWFUL chatahoochee flooring that we absolutely hate. Finally getting rid of it!! I want a safe, non-slippery surface. Belgrade Appian (concrete?) pavers have been recommended. Pros/Cons?
- how rough on bare feet?
- how hot?
- reasonably priced alternatives?
- The current watertile is not bad looking. Does it have to be removed since we need new coping?
- The current deck is being extended. Our deck area is L shaped. It is being extended about 3 feet on the two sides that are exposed . Any suggestions as to issues or problems with extending the deck?
- Any order that should be followed? - - i.e.: resurfacing or flooring first?
Anyone here done similar type of reno in the Boca/So Florida area (or anywhere else) that could share expected cost information?