Pool light amp draw ?

A GFCI breaker I hope.

Anyway, Do you know the make and model of your pool light? Otherwise we would have to remove it. Do you just want a general range. Is it LED or incandescent?

Most pool lights have a cord attached with a wire bundle inside. The cord runs through conduit from the light niche to a junction box. Then regular wire runs through conduit from the junction box to the breaker in the subpanel. The junction box looks like a small electrical box raised about a foot off the ground near your pool or near the pad. Because you have a 15 amp breaker the smallest wire size allowed is 14 guage for the run from the sub panel to the junction box. Depending on the length of the run 12 guage may be required. With wire sizes, smaller numbers mean larger wire diameter.

To determine the wire size on the circuit either eyeball it or use a wire gauge. If I have doubts I use my wire strippers as a gauge.

Now for the obvious question -- why are you asking? If you want to add to that circuit that is not a good idea. If you want to add its better to add another circuit to the subpanel and let the light circuit stand by itself. Do you have pool automation? Don't exceed 6 breakers in the subpanel without consulting an electrician.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.