Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sun Grabber AG

1. Back To Top    #1

Lebanon, TN

Sun Grabber AG

I have purchased 2 of the 4x20 above ground panels and I am getting ready to install them, I have a question. I read everywhere that it is best to run them parallel, however they have the disc in them that makes you have to run them in series. I sent a quetion in to sungrabber about removing the disc and they said if I did it would void the warranty. Has anybody removed the disk? Would you be more concerned with plumbing them for efficiency or would you be more concerned with the warranty? If you did remove the disc what is the best way to acomplish this?

24' x 52" AG All Aluminum
    2hp 2speed 200sf Cartridge Filter
    Goldline AquaTrol
    4- 2x20 Sungrabber solar panels
    Goldline solar controler

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: Sun Grabber AG

You do not have to remove the disc to run them parallel. You can feed both at the same time by flipping one over. That is what I did. We have hard plumbed (PVC) a T that feeds the bottom of both and a T at the top for output from both. They are layed out end to end but both feed at the same time. I'm sure others have config ideas too, but that is how we did it. Both feed in and both feed out - to the center. Works very well.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!