Zodiac VX55 4WD question and tech info help

Hi,

I am investigating purchasing a Zodiac VX55, which I've heard a few, especially the dealers, raving about, they are coming tomorrow to give me a free demo in my pool . I've been skeptical about robotics due to the huge cost and many moving parts, but this model does seem promising , it also has a 3 year warranty, it does seem with my pool size i'm not surprised my current kreepy isnt doing well. We also have a problem with large leaves/nuts in our area which constantly block the kreepy.

However in their product info it says:

SUITABLE POOLS

• For in-ground pools, all surfaces and shapes.
  • Supplied with 21m cable, suitable for pools up to 15M x 7M
Debris

• Picks up large debris such as gum nuts, small twigs, eucalyptus leaves.
  • Picks up fine debris such as Sand/ Algae >200 microns
  • Unsuitable for dust/silt and other particles smaller then 200 micron

In our area our pool has a big problem with leaves, I hope this copes but my main query is with the statement regarding the 200 micron limit. I don't know the specifics of sand, dirt, etc but does this mean it wont do sand? I'm having trouble understanding the smallest material it will gather.

Does anyone have this robotic or can help with this?

Worth the investment?

Thanks

They should let you test it from the website. Let us know what you think please

Well I got it tested today in my pool, I was quite impressed with what it could do. Beforehand I deliberately left the pool with debris, specifically eucalyptus leaves, gumnuts and sand which is what I have problems with and constantly blocks the kreepy. The VX55 sucked up everything put in front of it, even small twigs, that was very satisfying to watch after the nitemares I have had keeping it clean. After about an hour it had made a reasonable cleaning job, it needed longer but for the test purposes I was satisfied.

The only small criticism is that it does not do steps that well despite advertising so and there is still a very small amount of sand in the very corners of the pool edge, not much, that is just being picky. I would doubt there is a cleaner out there that does all this including steps perfectly. With this model I think how well it will do the steps depends on how wide they are and how far from the surface, as soon as the machine breaches the water it triggers it to go back down so any step at that height wouldn't get a full clean, nothing a quick brush doesn't fix though

The VX55 did the walls, to the waterline and the kinetic remote is handy if you want to manually do some touch-ups although its not as responsive as expected.

So I was satisfied and coughed up the dough and bought it, it was very expensive (2k AUD), but it does come with a 3yr warranty, and it eliminated my leaf problem which were the big selling points for me

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.