I am investigating purchasing a Zodiac VX55, which I've heard a few, especially the dealers, raving about, they are coming tomorrow to give me a free demo in my pool . I've been skeptical about robotics due to the huge cost and many moving parts, but this model does seem promising , it also has a 3 year warranty, it does seem with my pool size i'm not surprised my current kreepy isnt doing well. We also have a problem with large leaves/nuts in our area which constantly block the kreepy.
However in their product info it says:
- For in-ground pools, all surfaces and shapes.
- Supplied with 21m cable, suitable for pools up to 15M x 7M
- Picks up large debris such as gum nuts, small twigs, eucalyptus leaves.
- Picks up fine debris such as Sand/ Algae >200 microns
- Unsuitable for dust/silt and other particles smaller then 200 micron
In our area our pool has a big problem with leaves, I hope this copes but my main query is with the statement regarding the 200 micron limit. I don't know the specifics of sand, dirt, etc but does this mean it wont do sand? I'm having trouble understanding the smallest material it will gather.
Does anyone have this robotic or can help with this?
Worth the investment?