Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schedule for pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Schedule for pool

I am a new pool owner, the first thirty days of my pool maintenance was being done by an outside pool company. They are using inline chlorine tab feeder. They turn the pool over to me tomorrow and I want use the BBB method.

I figure I can test and add chlorine daily at 6pm. The pool company has set me pool to run from 8am to 5pm. Should I change this in order to have the pool run for a few hors after I do my daily testing and chemical add? If so, what hours do you recommend? I live in Houston if it matters.

Thnx

Jason
    16,388 gallons, IG, Pebble Sheen, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter, Pentair Whisperflow Pump, August 2015, Taylor K-2006, spa

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Schedule for pool

Welcome to the forum.

All the meaningful dialogues starts with good test results. You have a good kit so give us some baseline results.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I put the Taylor K-2006 in my signature, but I wont actually receive it in the mail until Friday. Thank you for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

All the meaningful dialogues starts with good test results. You have a good kit so give us some baseline results.
    16,388 gallons, IG, Pebble Sheen, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter, Pentair Whisperflow Pump, August 2015, Taylor K-2006, spa

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

When you do start adding chemicals you are correct you should add while the pump is on and run it a bit after each add. I usually do at least 1/2 hour or more. Also 8 hours might be a bit excessive for winter depending on the pump speed. Once you get your kit and see where you are at and get everything balanced you may be able to reduce the run time a couple of hours. I have been running filter 4 hours a day 2 hours in the AM and 2 in the PM at 11000RPM I also run the cleaner for 30min at around noon so 4.5hrs total and so far the water looks great water temp is 48F. Of course there is no such thing as too much filtering and if you are not concerned about your electrical bill you can leave it right where it is.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

5. Back To Top    #5

I run 3 hours in the a.m. at 40%/low speed. Then at 85% from 5:30p to 9:30p.

I used to do it the other way around, but since I'm adding bleach every night after work anyway, I wanted better flow at that time. I could probably run less, but I don't have a Kreepy or other cleaner, just the floor jets and drain/skimmer, so I need some run time on high speed to keep it clean.

Now in the summer, when people will be getting in the pool sometime mid-day, I think it makes sense to run the cleaner/floor jets in the morning to get the pool skimmed and clean. These are things you can experiment with. As long as you are testing, you'll get plenty of notice that something is going wrong before it becomes a headache.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Pool turned over to me, took out the pucks from the inline feeder and ran my tests

Fc 5.4 (5 2nd time using 10ml water)
    Ph 8 (7.7 2nd time tested, feel better about the 2nd result)
    Ta 110
    Ch 230
    Cya 75

Pool math says I need 85oz of 8.25 bleach and 5.7 oz muriatic acid (my ph target is set at 7.6)

Anyone see any issues? If not I will add the bleach and acid.

Thnx

7. Back To Top    #7

Sounds good. Just approximate on the MA. Kneel upwind and put the jug in the water so that the spout is close to the water to avoid splashing. Best to add them about a half hour apart and in front of a deepend return.

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

your FC target should be 5.5 to 8.5 Pool math gives me 24 oz per PPM for a pool your size with 8.25%. I would add 24 oz (no more than 50oz) and test again at least a couple of hours later or tomorrow, you are at the bottom end of the range but I don't think you are in danger so you can be cautious in you adds till you see how your pool reacts. For Ph I get 11oz of 31%MA per .1 reduction again I would add 5oz and see what it does you are not out of range so small adds are good till you see how it will react.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by atttech-2 View Post
    your FC target should be 5.5 to 8.5 Pool math gives me 24 oz per PPM for a pool your size with 8.25%. I would add 24 oz (no more than 50oz) and test again at least a couple of hours later or tomorrow, you are at the bottom end of the range but I don't think you are in danger so you can be cautious in you adds till you see how your pool reacts. For Ph I get 11oz of 31%MA per .1 reduction again I would add 5oz and see what it does you are not out of range so small adds are good till you see how it will react.
    Pool math says my fc should be 6 to 11. Should I split the and put my goal to 8.5? That's what I did and got 85 ounces of bleach.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Sorry I misstated I was not looking at pool math i was looking at chlorine / CYA chart Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart. 8.5 will not be a problem, I would just get there slowly, My wife did an aggressive add and then the temp dropped along with the sun and my levels are suck fairly high. I am not loosing even .2 ppm per day. Not a problem just does not need to be as high as it is.

11. Back To Top    #11

You are fine, Jason. Since you're just starting out, be sure and check FC, CC, and pH everyday. Let us know how it goes.
    Marian

12. Back To Top    #12

I appreciate the help.

13. Back To Top    #13

Tested today:

Fc 8
    Ph 7.8
    Ta 110

Don't know why ph went up after I added the acid last night

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

Don't know why ph went up after I added the acid last night
    It really didn't but I think you are misreading the test a bit and trying to be too precise.

I would move pH at least .2 in either direction when you move it. In a smaller pool the additions of acid pretty small and hard to make the pH behave as precisely as you are trying to do.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

15. Back To Top    #15

Also, your pH will tend to rise for a while with your new pool, so continue daily testing. You will gain confidence the more you test!

16. Back To Top    #16

You are doing a wonderful job so far! Good job getting a good test kit.

I have a trick to help with your PH test. A white plastic plate to hold behind the tube. I do mine under the light on my stove hood as I have a bright light there. I hold the plate behind the tube and pull the plate back and forth until I can see the color match.

Your PH is going to change quite a bit for a while with you having new plaster. This is normal.

Here is a link for you to help with your schedule.

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

I have this printed out and inside the lid of my test kit.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Do you guys recommend keeping the pool running for 9 hours each day, or reduce it?

18. Back To Top    #18

With the cooler Weather you can run it less. Each pool is different. I have another link for you to help you figure out the best pump run time for your pool.

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

19. Back To Top    #19

Thnx, i will try four hours and keep a close eye on the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    With the cooler Weather you can run it less. Each pool is different. I have another link for you to help you figure out the best pump run time for your pool.

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

I used my spa the first time tonight, actually posting from the spa right now. When the jets were on I was getting a lot of foam. I am attaching a picture after I turned off the jets, still getting some foam. Is this normal?

uploadfromtaptalk1449902560872.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast