Pump failed prior to closing. Cold green pool

New to site and first post...My ecopump 2 speed went out of service shortly before closing time and I replaced bearings, seal and it still won't run on low speed without tripping thermal switch. (i believe the windings are shot) so I have replaced with 3 speed Speck which is enroute. Its now fairly cool here and my pool is fairly green due to poor maintenance while pump issues dealt with. Also a lot of leaves. I am also awaiting my TFP testing kit to test more accurately but I know my TA is close to 140 driving up pH to the 8 range.. I increased Chlorine to 12 with some 8.25 bleach solution. That seems to be holding above 10 as far as my test strips show. I also added a quart of MA 32.45 to begin working on the TA a bit. I've turned the dolphin loose in there a couple of times just to keep the bottom a little cleaner and I can see the bottom of the shallow end ok, very green and hazy. So, when the pump comes in and I install it, I thought i'd treat the pool as if I'm opening it and clean it up and close it after that. Thoughts and advice much appreciated.
Thanks!

I guess the thing that has me wondering is the fact that the chorine does not appear to be consumed as expected given the color of the water. But Im not circulating aside from the pool cleaner and brushing. The new pump is coming. Also, I am testing with some aqua test strips while I await the kit. Maybe FC is higher than I thought initially and coming down and the strip only measures to 10 making it look like its not being consumed. I think UPS and the mailman will straighten this out soon.

Welcome SMP. I too was wondering how you were fairing with the green pool. Have you started SLAMing yet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry. Lost track of this thread. The pool did clean up nicely after I installed the new pump. I believe I had some metals in it as it cleared up but remained a green tint until the chlorine drifted down. I winterized and changed out half the water so maybe the metal problem will be better? Now focused on improperly installed tiles on deck that popped up this spring. I'm busy repairing that and adding expansion joints that should have been there from installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.