Questions about my new VSP and iAquaLink 2.0 system

Jan 18, 2011
Roseville, CA
I have just had my pool pump and pool controller changed and trying to set it all up. I spoke with the installer for a few minutes before going to work but that was just as he was getting started. I am currently at work as I type this but he has finished. So, let me list as many specs as I can remember.

• 16,500 (I believe) Gallons in pool; rectangular with Roman-entry on side opposite spa
  • Spa (I don't recall gallons; it is higher than pool and overflows as waterfall into pool)
  • Jandy iAquaLink 2.0 Pool Controller
  • Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 Pool Pump
  • Sta-Rite System3 Modular Pool Filter
  • Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm Heater
  • Sta-Rite Spa Jets Pump
  • Hayward Navigator Pool Cleaner
  • Pool Light (Don't know specifics)
  • Spa Light (Don't know specifics)

My first opinion of the iAquaLink 2.0 system is a disappointment from what I was expecting. It seems to be a VERY clunky interface. I set up my account and added my pool pump. At this point, my home screen initially has "buttons" labeled, "Filter Pump", "Spa", "Pool Heat", "Spa Heat", "Aux1", "Aux2", "Aux3", and "Other Devices On/Off". I called the installer and he mentioned that "Aux1" he set to run the pump at speed for the Navigator to do its thing, while "Filter Pump" is a speed that is to just filter water but not enough for the Navigator to be effective. "Aux2" turns on the spa jets. "Aux3" turns on the pool light, which by the way is burned out and I need to replace... it is WAY too cold to do that now. Finally, "Aux4" turns on the spa light. I found where I could relabel these so "Aux1" is now "Cleaner", "Aux2" is now "Spa Jets", "Aux3" is now "Pool Light" and "Aux4" is now "Spa Light". That portion is fairly straight forward. Now I need to know what speed stuff should operate at.

To control the speed, from the Home Screen, I selected "Menu", which brings up many options. I then click on "System Setup." Next "VSP Setup". This now brings up a page where I guess you can control up to four pumps with the default pump being an "ePump". Mine happens to be a Intelliflo VS, so I change the first pump and set it to "Filtration". I see that the default minimum speed and maximum speed are set to 600 and 3450 respectively, which I find odd considering the VS3050 says the minimum speed is 400. Anyway, when I progress on "Speed Setup", I get to a page where I can set different speeds for different things. I have no clue as to how slow or fast the pump should operate. There is also freeze protection... is there an optimum speed for freeze protection?

I guess the bottom line to my questions revolves around best speed/GPM for different functions... a variable I have not had to deal with in the past. How long should it filter at a low speed? How long to clean at high speed?

there should be defaults set, the freeze setup should be all set. I have the same system, but Jandy vsp. setting the speeds are trial and error, of course there are min settings that things won't run like heat pump, swg, which require min gpm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.